2013 Alumacraft V-14 Project

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

btalling

Reaction score
Hello Everyone, Im new to the forum and figured I would start a build thread, Im from Manitoba Canada and purchased my first boat recently. I bought a 2013 Alumacraft V-14, I have a few plans for the boat including adding a high back driving seat, battery storage compartment, wire tuck lighting, floor boards and possibly a casting deck. We are experiencing a late winter season in Manitoba, as the snow and ice melts I will include more progress photos as work begins to get done. I am open to suggestions and feedback from experienced boaters regarding ideas and plans.

Here is a photo of how it currently sits.

Attachments

• IMG_0083.JPG
    IMG_0083.JPG
    924.1 KB · Views: 2,590
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366988471.017512.jpg

Some essentials I picked up over the winter months, 4 stroke motor and trailer next

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366988458.300912.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366988458.300912.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 2,582
btalling said:
Hello Everyone, Im new to the forum and figured I would start a build thread, Im from Manitoba Canada and purchased my first boat recently. I bought a 2013 Alumacraft V-14, I have a few plans for the boat including adding a high back driving seat, battery storage compartment, wire tuck lighting, floor boards and possibly a casting deck. We are experiencing a late winter season in Manitoba, as the snow and ice melts I will include more progress photos as work begins to get done. I am open to suggestions and feedback from experienced boaters regarding ideas and plans.

Welcome aboard, btalling.
Yea, Spring just arrived here in Minnesota as well, after a very long winter.
Looking forward to seeing pics of your project. Enjoy.

jasper

+1 on the welcome aboard! :WELCOME:

Nice assortment of goodies. Can't wait to see how you mount the flat-screen TV too! :wink: :popcorn:

quick update, I am waiting on a Suzuki DF20A outboard for this boat, currently until then I havent had much progress, will be installing an Alumacraft seat in the rear for driving. Once the motor is on im going to move the boat to a location where I will be able to do the flooring and storage compartments

Quick Update: got the boat, motor and trailer all together now, picked up two Alumacraft Tempress seats to mount and Install, will be starting the casting deck section very soon with storage for Plano trays and other accessories, will be mounting the Minn Kota aswell in the upcoming week. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1371151691.809334.jpg

Update: I managed to get both seats installed, a rod rack holder is zip tied for temporary until I modify the brackets, a magnetic rapala tool kit added to rear of boat as well as some Lindy marker buoy's ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372567938.710535.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372567957.457195.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1372567983.089616.jpg

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=320648#p320648 said:
fool4fish1226 » 30 Jun 2013, 08:06[/url]"]Nice boat - looks great

Thanks, I recently installed a Humminbird 598ci si hd in the back near the driver seat, the plan to remove front seat and do casting deck/storage will take place later in the year as the fall fishing has been to great to take the boat out of commission.

Thinking about modding the trailer with more LED lights/ underglow due to always pulling the boat out in the dark is a pain with one person.

You have a very nice setup. Can tell that you have given things a lot of thought. Looking forward to your future improvements. It's tough not being able to work on the boat, because the fishing's so good.

Good idea on getting extra lights on the trailer for getting in/out of the boat ramp. I put my boat in/out at a private access area with a pretty steep and muddy ramp with no lighting. We are usually going out before dawn, especially when duck hunting. What I do is turn on my interior lights and nav lights. Helps me to see where the port and starboard sides of the boat are.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=330547#p330547 said:
strander100 » Today, 05:55[/url]"]You have a very nice setup. Can tell that you have given things a lot of thought. Looking forward to your future improvements. It's tough not being able to work on the boat, because the fishing's so good.

thank you, all winter while waiting last year I purchased items and thought of how i was going to lay everything out, Im going to be looking at some sort of wave wackers for the back due to low transom as well as remounting my transducer to avoid such a rooster tail it causes.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=330565#p330565 said:
BigTerp » Today, 09:03[/url]"]Good idea on getting extra lights on the trailer for getting in/out of the boat ramp. I put my boat in/out at a private access area with a pretty steep and muddy ramp with no lighting. We are usually going out before dawn, especially when duck hunting. What I do is turn on my interior lights and nav lights. Helps me to see where the port and starboard sides of the boat are.

Im going to be adding the trailer guides they sell at cabela's, that will help with current launches, I still have to read up and look on forums for ideas for the led's

Only thing I would look into before you purchase and install extra leds on your trailer, is the local laws as far as light placement, color, etc. It would suck to put time, effort and $ into it only to get pulled over and told you have to remove them.

The Boat is stored for the winter being tarped and sitting on the ez-loader. I removed the Suzuki outboard, Minn Kota trolling motor as well as removed the Humminbird and seats. We get harsh winters up in Manitoba and didn't want any issues. Plans for the spring will include installing everything back into the boat, upgrading the transom 55lb thrust with a 80lb 24V Minn Kota. If will design something this winter with the idea of having storage up front/casting deck in mind. A bigger gas tank mounted up front running the gas line to the rear is an idea as well.

I'm also looking to purchase a bow mount trolling motor for my 1650 jon and I'm between the two you have mentioned, 55 12v and 80 24v. I use my small gas motor for most open water trolling, but plan to skip plastics at docks this season. Could you comment on the decision to upgrade your power, please?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=334808#p334808 said:
strander100 » 19 Nov 2013, 07:01[/url]"]I'm also looking to purchase a bow mount trolling motor for my 1650 jon and I'm between the two you have mentioned, 55 12v and 80 24v. I use my small gas motor for most open water trolling, but plan to skip plastics at docks this season. Could you comment on the decision to upgrade your power, please?

I'm going to be purchasing another transom mount trolling motor again, the bow mount would be nice but my purpose is mainly driving through tunnels with it, A good fishing spot in my Province requires me to drive through two tunnels in shallow water, the 80lb upgrade would just be to save time. I haven't though about a bow mount before, got me thinking now about it though haha

Latest posts