she said it wasn't big enough!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chief2

Reaction score
My jon boat, that is.

I bought a lightly used G3 1436 back in February. Nice little boat. Swivel seats, 55 ft. lb trolling motor, and trailer. The first time my wife and I used it, however, I knew I wanted a bigger boat. Recently my wife told me it spooked her because if felt unstable whenever I moved around. OK. Sounded like a free ticket to get a bigger boat... so I did.

I found an '08 G3 1652 DLX with all the amenities on a galvanized trailer with a bow-mounted MinnKota and powered by a 25hp 2-cycle Yammy. Not crazy about the motor. I'll have to step that up to about a 40hp four-cycle, I think.

Anyone in Central Va. want a 1436, shoot me a pm.

Have the same size boat,used to have a 40hp,now only running a 30hp.
That 25hp will be alittle under powered when loaded but by yourself should do fine.
Nice find,good time to sell your other boat.

I've run my buddy's G3 16' footer V hull with a the same motor, and with 4 people in it going up a swift river the motor was working pretty hard. 40HP will probably be a lot easier on the motor and be more efficient for that size boat.

Alex_c said:
I've run my buddy's G3 16' footer V hull with a the same motor, and with 4 people in it going up a swift river the motor was working pretty hard. 40HP will probably be a lot easier on the motor and be more efficient for that size boat.

I think you're right, Alex. I'm not exactly enamored with mixing oil with fuel for a two-cycle, anyway. I'll be looking for a 40 soon enough.

Be Safe

I'd like to replace my noisy and smoky 35 hp 'rude with a 25 hp 4 stroke, but I don't really have the cash right now and I haven't found any decent deals on any used ones. I tend to cover a lot of water where I fish so the fuel savings so a 4 stroke would save a lot of money in fuel. My boat is only a 14' and light so a 25 would push it along fine.