got a few questions about seat mounts here

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbweimar

Reaction score
This weekend I'll be purchasing the seats for my 1752 weldbilt. Gonna go with these.
https://www.iboats.com/High-Back-Fo...0496315--session_id.862793469--view_id.374958

My first question is, what kind of mount should I use for the post? All the ones I've seen have been zinc. If you ask me, zinc has no place on a boat unless you're talking about sacrificial anodes. I'd like to find aluminum or stainless. This is all I seem to run across:
https://www.overtons.com/modperl/pr...eat-Mount&i=73617&str=seat+mount&merchID=4005

Second, how long of a post should I use? I'm 6'3 and my fish in buddy is 6'5. I don't want to be sitting on the deck, but I also don't want my legs dangling. What works well for you tall folks out there?

I bought my base and my post at WalMart. The brand is Shorline Marine. The base is SS and the post is aluminum.

As for height, my base is mounted directly to the bench and my seat mount has a spring that lifts it roughly 3" from the bench. That height was perfect for just sitting but made it difficult to run the TM. I picked up an 11" aluminum post and chopped it down to 5". Knocked the nylon bushing out of the top piece and reinstalled it in the bottom piece and it looks factory and works perfect. From floor to the top of the seat cushion where my butt sets is 21". I'm 6'-2".

Heres my little stubby post...

DSC01802.JPG

And when in use...

DSC01803.JPG

Thanks BB. I already have the seat bases welded. One on the rear bench and one on the front deck. What I'm trying to find us the plate that mounts to the bottom of the seat and slides into the post. Just trying make sure we're talking about the same thing here.

Okay, I gotcha now. Mine are powder coated steel if im not mistaken so they arnt going to last forever. They were cheap enough that if I have to replace them in a few years, its not a big deal. Stainless would have been nice though!

Latest posts