Seat placement

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilkins26

Reaction score
Hey guys first time boat owner what is the best placement for the back bench seat center or off center just curious what everybody prefers.
Thanks mike

If you have a tiller-steered out board, then an off center seat will make driving more comfortable. Having the seat centered, however, provides better balance within the boat. Your choice...

Just went through the same thing in my 14 footer. I started off center which was good for driving, but the boat didn't ride that great and I found myself leaning towards center. Which gave me a sore back. I moved seat to center and though it is a little pain in the *** to turn the boat rides great and back lasts longer. Just my 2 cents.

I used to have mine on center when I a tiller and I will just seat with one leg in for and one in the back and just turn side ways to drive always works for me

I installed two seat bases ... on in the center and one off-set for driving.

I just pick the seat up and drop in the other base .... takes two seconds.

I can also leave the seat off completely if I want to stand on the bench and walk back and forth while fishing.

Latest posts