How to cut out places for doors for compartments?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bass427

Reaction score
Hi. Need some help here. Anyone have advice on best way to know where to cut out plywood for doors for compartments? I made a template with cardboard for my front and back deck now just am stuck on how to get doors in exact right spot when I cut them from plywood. Afraid to screw it all up.

use the same template you used to make the floors, just cut the door holes in the cardboard, and line things up again, and then pray for the best outcome possible. Test fit the doors on the actual wood floors or templates when in the boat to make sure they will clear everything and open the way you want 'em to. Sugget you sit in the boat and "go fishing" in the backyard, to see if the location you've chosen is really where it will work best. The neighbors will not come over anymore to bother you after they see you do this a few times. LOL

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315291#p315291 said:
bass427 » Yesterday, 20:58[/url]"]Hi. Need some help here. Anyone have advice on best way to know where to cut out plywood for doors for compartments? I made a template with cardboard for my front and back deck now just am stuck on how to get doors in exact right spot when I cut them from plywood. Afraid to screw it all up.

If you are trying to determine location you already have the best answer just above this post.

If you are seeking advice on how to do the cuts, I may have some some suggestions for you. As always it may cost some $ for tools. :)

Latest posts