I might have my new boat tomorrow..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Keystone

Reaction score
Was scheduled to pick it up this morning. They hadn't even started rigging it. :evil: They started this afternoon. Said the "should" have it ready tomorrow. Pretty much told them there is no excuse as it should not take more than 5 hours total to get it ready. They had no argument for that.
So we will see.

nb1_zps0a1eea7a.jpg

Wow!!! You mean NEWNEW boat. To most of us that means one we used a weed whacker and/or chainsaw to get out of someone's yard...

Congrats!!

How about some specs on the new rig?

Of course not posting pictures when you pick it up tomorrow could result in 7 years of bad fishing.

It's a new 2010 Lowe 1467WT. So does that make it an old new boat? :mrgreen:

nb3_zps9a5d40e1.jpg

2006 15 hp Merc EL going on the back.
Splash guards will be coming.
Bow Mount MinnKota V2 PD45 up front.
High backed seat for me in the rear.
NAV lights, bilge pump and livewell pump on switches.
Ice Chest livewell port side.
Trolling battery and fuel cell will be moved forward.
Later plan calls for a casting deck up front. When I do that I plan to have a livewell built into the rear of the deck.

I would be scared as all get out using a brand new boat like that. I know the first scratch and I would be freakin. Now my 25 yr old boat, heck, I can't even tell new dents from the old ones. Worm and minnow guts are just part of the carpet pattern. Have drilled holes all over it, whats a new hole or two. Leaks some... thats what the bilge pump is for. Got so many wires under the dash, just have to guess what they are for. NONE of the gauges work anymore, not even hooked up. I just make sure the gas gets 50to1 and the pee hole is peeing, other than that just pay attention to the sounds and vibrations.
Congrats on the new boat.
Tim

Here is the e-mail I just received. 5 hour job.

Just talked to the shop and they are just waiting on some split loom and fasteners to tidy all the wiring up. Also some HD bilge hose. Those items should be here later this afternoon. Would tomorrow work for you?

At this point all I can do is shake my head and wonder why they couldn't have that stuff on hand when they started. I know I only gave them 2 weeks............
Glad I don't use Cabelas for repair and maintenance.

The thing you have to remember is with the late spring we have, all the shops are backed up and behind. I just hope my pontoon is ready to roll at 10:30am on Saturday when I pick it up in Aitkin. Our lake still had ice on it 9 day ago.

Congrats on the new boat!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=315810#p315810 said:
jeffh129 » 31 minutes ago[/url]"]Very nice. Is that a tilt bed trailer?

No idea. That trailer isn't mine. Just the one it was sitting on.

Cool! I was scared when I got my first boat, until my buddy destroyed a fender hoping in the boat at the ramp. Then when I started adding things that required drilling.

Latest posts