Clamp on bow and stern lights

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blake

Reaction score
Do any of you run those battery powered clamp on bow and stern lights? I need a set, but the reviews aren't that great.

Never used them but I can't see why they would not work well, I would also look at cheap led lights from china. I put a set on my mountain bike for under $5 shipped and they work great....

I have one for the front of my boat. They are ok if you take them off when you don't need it. The scews get loose from vibrations if you leave it on all the time. And if someone misses a football, it will break #-o

I bought some from wally world awhile back for my 12 footer, they get the job done. I had to use a block of wood to get the bow light to clamp on though. I believe attwood made my lights.

Here's a pic of the stern light, I did away with the clamp and mounted it straight to the transom.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1370204666768.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1370204666768.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 960
I have a set that came with the boat. I haven't played with them yet. They are designed like a flashlight with a clamp and will burn as long as two d cells last.

I suspect that if you like to night fish you would be better off biting the bullet and wiring some to your deep cycle. I mean how long will a flashlight burn if left on?

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=317070#p317070 said:
Colbyt » 21 minutes ago[/url]"]I have a set that came with the boat. I haven't played with them yet. They are designed like a flashlight with a clamp and will burn as long as two d cells last.

I suspect that if you like to night fish you would be better off biting the bullet and wiring some to your deep cycle. I mean how long will a flashlight burn if left on?

Agree:
I had them when I did very little night fishing. They worked OK, but better buy alot of batteries if using them for night fishing.

I got a set from iboats just to be legal. Don't night fish too often. They serve the purpose and are cheap. They are not made to stay on all the time. I'm happy with my set.

Wal Mart is selling a set of Attwood LED's that are nice.... I got a set for the canoe but haven't used them yet. I'll need them next duck season since I plan to hunt more from the canoe than from the jon boat...

There Ok and legal and get the job done when they work..There made like a cheap flashlight and with cheap batterys ya probably got a problem...You know how batterys in flashlight leak and corrode..my 2c cva34

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=317421#p317421 said:
cva34 » Yesterday, 21:49[/url]"]There Ok and legal and get the job done when they work..There made like a cheap flashlight and with cheap batterys ya probably got a problem...You know how batterys in flashlight leak and corrode..my 2c cva34

Yes exactly my experience. I originally bought a set from Walmart that clamped on and were just flashlights. They worked just fine for 2 years while I planned out a permanent solution. This year I have installed a stern, 2 pin receptacle and ordered a 36" LED light from Bass Pro Shops and installed a permanent red/green bow light and wired everything up to a toggle switch on the dash. Works like a charm.

I had some of the non-LED clamp on Attwoods on my last boat. I used the boat for duck hunting, so I would get to the ramp early, turn on the lights, drive to my hunting spot, and turn them off when daylight came around. They served the purpose, but I was not impressed with the quality. If I were going to buy another set of clamp-on nav lights, I would try to find some that were a little better quality.

Like the others have said, they serve there purpose, but they are what they are, cheap flashlites. Last as long as they are not corroded inside and have decent batteries. I don't do a bunch of night fishing(yet) so mine seem to work out ok. Someday I'll upgrade......someday....sigh..

Latest posts