Nasty old boat!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evattman

Reaction score
Hey all!
I just stumbled across this site last night and I have been looking at pics and reading all morning. I love it!
A few weeks ago, I bought myself a little 12ft fiberglass semi-v boat. I got it and the trailer for 100 bucks.
I just thought I would do a little work on it and put a deck in it. My budget for this project was 250 bucks (not including the boat itself) and I have never done anything like this nor have I ever owned a "real" boat. (I do fish out of some sevylor Fish Hunters)
I do not have pictures of the project while re-doing it.....but I do have before and after pics.
Check out the before.........
sd531377ds9.jpg

Well, this is not totally finished. I have a few things left to do. Like mount that trolling motor( I was just doing a little testing) and a few other things........
What do ya think?
sd531420zs7.jpg

Zum said:
looks real nice...factory even
have you had it in the water yet?

Thanks! Nope I have not had it in the water yet. Well, I sorta have.......we have a pool I put her in to test for leaks. The first time I put it in, it was leaking all over the place! I did lots of re-fiberglassing (NASTY!!!)

Nice job! I am thinking about buying seats like those. I sat in one at Cabela's and they seemed real nice and better than ones costing more. Good luck with your launching. Don't forget the plug!
Mary

bluegillfisher said:
Nice job! I am thinking about buying seats like those. I sat in one at Cabela's and they seemed real nice and better than ones costing more. Good luck with your launching. Don't forget the plug!
Mary
Thanks bluegillfisher. Those seats came from Wal-mart. They must have been last years models because they were on clearance for 7 DOLLARS! I even bought one for my Fish Hunter
sd531413ld2.jpg

Really nice job. That looks totally professional. I noticed you have a pretty good outboard collection going there behind the boat also. Welcome aboard!

Ouachita said:
Really nice job. That looks totally professional. I noticed you have a pretty good outboard collection going there behind the boat also. Welcome aboard!

HAHA!!! Yes! I did not intend to get so many....trust me. The 1st outboard that I bought is that Evinrude 18hp. WAY to big for the fiberglass 12 footer. The 2nd is a gamefisher 5.0 (got it off Ebay....$130) the 3rd is a 3hp Tanaka.(50 bucks Craigslist) I use that for my Fish Hunters. The 4th was given to me with a 14ft Aluminum (I am going to restore as soon as this is done) Its a 1997 Suzuki WT4 that my buddy said "seized" up on him. I brought it home yesterday, cleaned the carb, new plug, and it started in the 1st pull and ran until I turned it off. Gotta love free stuff!

I don't count the money I spent on these outboards toward my budget...... I'll just sell what I don't need.

Looks great, and for $350 total I don't think anyone could do any better.

Great job. Now go fishing.

and welcome to the site.

[/quote]Thanks! Nope I have not had it in the water yet. Well, I sorta have.......we have a pool I put her in to test for leaks. The first time I put it in, it was leaking all over the place! I did lots of re-fiberglassing (NASTY!!!)[/quote]

You put it in the pool! That's hardcore. Your hooked man LOL.
That reminds me of the joke about the Blonde going ice fishing. She thought she heard the voice of God saying "get off the ice". Turns out it was the manager of the skating ring. I often feel like drilling the pool at my girlfrinds house in the winter just to sit on the ICE!

Boat looks awesome!