need your opinion on new boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

newboater13

Reaction score
Im interested in a boat I found on craigslist, its a 93 bass tracker has 2 fish finders trolling motor,40hp outboard but no tilt and trim is this a deal breaker could i add tilt and trim or is this not worth it,id like some opinions thanks guys.I can get it for 1500

IMO and at my age :shock: a power tilt and trim would be essential for a 40hp outboard. I've had a 48 and a 40 hp with hydraulic tilt and trim and wouldn't be without it. Again, just my two cents.

Nice feature to have but ask yourself, Is it worth it to you?. I think its a good price providing its in good shape and the motor runs well. Power trim is something that can be added if needed. If you can get the price down a little it could pay for the trim package. Good Luck, Dave

i would pass. the size boat that would have a forty will need different trim angles at different speeds.

didn't see the length of the boat but a 40hp on that boat may be a bit underpowered. I have a 04 tracker PT 175 (the package type with carpet, etc) and have a 60 2smoke, w/PT, and my boat will run upper 20's to low 30's all day long at 5000 rpm or less. Cruises great at 27-29/gps.

Does this boat have the front/rear casting decks, livewell, 2 or 3 seats across at the console, etc ? If so, it very could be underpowered, but a test run will tell for sure.

I would want PT on a 40, I had a 50 rude and no PT 30 years ago when I was 30 yrs younger, and it didn't bother me then. Now it would for sure.

Latest posts