Rudder for my Basshunter boat

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I am sorry, Very Sorry! :lol:

I own a plastic Boat. :LOL2:

I have always owned a basshunter type boat, even before I owned my aluminum boat. I love it, and it has its place. The pontoons underneath it make it for a very stable fishing platform for those super small kettle ponds that we have around here. Plus with my young kids, I feel more confident that they are sitting and within arms reach :lol: . Another plus is that I can toss it in the back of my pickup and go anywhere.

They do have there issues though, and the biggest one in my opinion is that because they are light and high on the water, they tend to blow around allot in the wind. On a windy day you are fighting the boat all day long to get into position to fish. If you ever experienced one of these boats you know what I am talking about. I was surfing the forum and I came across a post where Bassboy1(Board sponsor FishOnFabrications) created a rudder for a boat. I quickly PM'd him asking him to make me one. I told bassboy1 what kind of boat I had and he asked for a few specific measurements. I took a couple of pictures and gave him the measurements and one week later the rudder shows up at my door. It was perfect, fit and finish of the rudder was perfect, and it fit on my boat perfect and snug......awesome! If you need a rudder, give bassboy1 a shout and he can make one up for you. I paid $40 for it plus shipping....Dirt cheap for custom work in my opinion. I am happier than a pig in poop because this will help me control the boat better and I can get back to catching the big ones.

Here is a picture out of the box............
2013-07-27110201_zpsdea17166.jpg

Transom mount picture....................
2013-07-27110213_zpsaf271656.jpg

Picture of the back of the boat so you can see the mounting spot....................
2013-07-27110303_zpsa9f69bef.jpg

Picture of the rudder mounted on the boat so you can see the fit...................
2013-07-27110319_zps658c6dc4.jpg

Work was done by board sponsor Bassboy1 who does some awesome work. If your in the market for custom fabricated work, give him a call.........

Nicely done!

Post back and let us know how it worked out.

One more comment; put a safety rope/string on it so it can't find it's way to the bottom.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=338243#p338243 said:
krawler » Yesterday, 15:25[/url]"]put a safety rope/string on it so it can't find it's way to the bottom.
X 2, I know if it were mine that is exactly what would happen just as sure as I didn't secure it with a line. LoL

He does great work and is a pleasure to deal with. He did my whole boat build and the price was very reasonable

Latest posts