v hull that will fit flat between wheel wells in crew cab

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

d john pickering

Reaction score
I have a 12 foot jon boat but am looking for a 3 person v hull for small lakes that I can easily load into my full size crew cab truck bed. I wish to avoid trailering and unnecessarily heavy lifting. A newly made boat is not necessary as classics are welcome.
Your suggestions are most appreciated.

What's the spacing on your wheel wells?
My 1462 Lowe, bare hull, weighs 200# plus a 100# motor . . . how many friends are you bringing along?

JMHO but by the time you figure on the motor, gas, ice chest, fishing equipment, life vests, float cushions, safety items, etc. you'll wish you had a trailer. Heck, I bought a full size van just to tow my boats! The storage space inside the van is a big plus!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=324752#p324752 said:
nomowork » 04 Aug 2013, 11:50[/url]"]JMHO but by the time you figure on the motor, gas, ice chest, fishing equipment, life vests, float cushions, safety items, etc. you'll wish you had a trailer. Heck, I bought a full size van just to tow my boats! The storage space inside the van is a big plus!

I hear you, but in defense of the OP, there are huge advantages to not having a trailer. He may want to hunt remote spots that are inaccessible with a trailer.