2013 Tacker1542LW & 2013 4HP Tohatsu on the water review

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skipper123

Reaction score
Have been rigging out this new set up and found it works really well for its intended purpose, fishing skinny water. The little Tohatsu makes more power than I thought and will actually plane the boat just me no gear. I fish the local creek and a lot of shallow water and the boat being light as well as the motor is easy to slide over the sand bars in the creek. It will just plane with just me in the boat, never thought I would see that. This is a true flat bottom boat only 64ga alu. and speed was not my concern. Getting thru the shallow water was and it works great for that. Even with the shipmate and me she moves along very well. This little engine runs very smooth for a single cyl engine, starts easy and runs quite. At idle she purrs at a good trolling speed for crappie and bass. It has a good shallow water drive and is easy to use. I can pop the little motor up in shallow water drive quickly because of being so light and ease right over sand bars and log jams in the creek. Never even take it out of gear up or down. This boat is stable for its size and narrows at the bow to snake between the trees and brush. It is also light and floats pretty shallow with two in the boat. I had a trailer and cost for boat, motor, trolling motor and battery less than three grand. I down sized from a 1448 nova with a 25 yama to this rig for skinny water fishing and will have to say it works well. Just thought I would give a little review of a new set up. Here is a pic of just seats and trolling motor installed.

Attachments

• cat tracker1.jpg
    cat tracker1.jpg
    548 KB · Views: 254
Nice rig. I really like those seats. What kind are they?

and...I gotta ask...you think the double axel is trailer enough for your rig? :)

Really nice set up. =D>

Thats just the spare tire holder not double axel. The trailer I made into a flat bed to haul different flat bottom boats or anything else. The seats are made by Tempress. Mossy oak shadow grass camo. I found boats seats and a good camping bed is things not to skimp on. Being comfortable keeps me on the water longer.

As a side note on the trailer, most boats I have had have been overloaded seems dealers never put enough trailer under the boat. After blowing five tires on a trip to Florida oscar fishing I decided enough was enough and put together my own trailer that would haul two boats. Tires quit blowing and bearings hold up.

Latest posts