Duck hunting boat using spud poles???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

arob8924

Reaction score
I have a 1432 Jon and have built a nice removable/adjustable scissor blind(ask or photos if you want to see) and I'm reading about spud poles... I'd like to gain a little stability to enable standing... Had anyone had experience or ideas on how this can be done, while still being able to run after a cripple quickly? I'm wondering if just two spud poles in the rear attached with heavy rubber bunjie cords would do the trick? I'm hunting a small creek so it's shallow enough. Thanks!

Here is my spud pole setup. To chase cripples, you pull the poles out of the mud, and run the d pin (shown at top) through the hole in the pole and go. Takes 2 seconds to go from anchored to moving.

1011915_736784127345_982988781_n.jpg

Wow so simple I should have thought of that. Do you gain a lot of stability using them?
Here is my new blind that I just constructed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 675
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 675
Also tman what did you use for your pole? And are those just oversized eye bolts and a loss ended pipe clamp? Thanks or sharing!

The poles are 1" conduit, and the eyes are stainless eyes I found that would fit over the pole. The clamps are just conduit hangers that I put wing nuts on. I have a 1652, so I didn't use them for any stability, I used them for shallow water anchors. They do add a bit of stability, but on a 32" bottom, I dont know that it will be significant enough.

Latest posts