New User HELLO!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaThwacker

Reaction score
Hi my name is Steve and recently bartered a craiglist deal for a 1975 Lowe Line all welded classic 14, 1988 15hp mercury tiller, and a 28 pound thrust minn kota.

The boat is fine with only a stress fracture on the top right of the transom. Registered the boat fine and have hurdles on the trailer. I was gifted the junk trailer and learned that a title is on it. Crapola. Now what? The previous owners relocated from PA to FLA. Abandoned/gifted the trailer.

Try to contact the previous owners in FL and ask them to provide you a receipt.

I bought a trailer myself about 15 years ago from HF, never used it, just tried to title it and IL won't do it
for me because I don't have a receipt. Don't know what I am gonna do.

Tim

Welcome!
I think if you have a receipt, you can get a title in PA. Check with a notary first to make sure.
The boat I bought in NJ didn't require a title for the trailer. I had a registration from NJ, and a receipt.
I had to get the empty trailer weighed, and then go to an "Enhanced Inspection Station" to have it inspected. Paper work was sent through a notary, and it was then titled in Pa.
That cost $160, so go from there.

Wow $160 for PA Red Tape! I did receive the title today. Could have been a crazy craigslist story.... I traded a gun, and legally transferred the boat, what if the trailer was stolen? I would have made headlines for sure. 1960's M1 30 carbine for stolen property!

Where in PA are you? I have a place that did a great job tranfering everything for me

BTW - most PA Auto Tag place do not do boats as they must be done through F&G

I live in East Stroudsburg PA. I have 5 electric only lakes in a 30 mile radius. 10 Miles from the Delaware River and 35 miles each to Walllenpapack and Beltzville with unlimited horsepower. Not near 9.9 Lakes, maybe Lake Hopatcon; NJ.

if you don't have your title for your trailer here in huskerland the DMV will just title it as "homemade" for you. maybe were just bass akwards because I figured any state would do that but I was dead wrong thinking that.. but it is "the good life" here as we say....

PA, get one of these things. Out on that Electric Only lake with a couple of Auto Batteries and you can go for a really long trip with only a noisy boat for a short time each day.

Copy of weedeater-genset.jpg