boat buying advice

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishingpaul

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy an all-welded 14 ft jon or similar boat to use on a saltwater tidal creek (Virginia Eastern Shore). Brands I've read about include Alumacraft (but only welded >/= 15'), Alweld, Weldbilt and SeaArk. Does anyone have comments, pro or con on these.......or any other suggestions? I've got a new Yamaha 25 hp 2-stroke motor, 20" shaft for the boat.

I like all of the brands you listed, although for different reasons. I like the Weldbilts because they are inexpensive compared to the others. They are all well built, but the SeaArk gets my vote for "toughest" boat out of the bunch. Lowe also has their new Frontier line, which looks to be like a well made boat. I would also check out Excel and Xtreme. Xtreme Boats is a sponsor here, and they do top notch work from the pics I have seen. About the best advice that I can give you is to look at as many as you can. Climb all over them and imagine fishing or hunting from them. One of them will likely feel "better" to you.

Latest posts