Getting old is not without some changes.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thudpucker

Reaction score
I have a "Rolling Rowing Seat" in my Jon.
Rolling rowing seat..jpg

So I can roll back and forth, to reach anything anywhere in my boat.
I sometimes fish all night. But even during the day I sometimes want a little Nap.
It keeps other fishermen curious about that old guy in the bottom of his boat. :LOL2:

Now I want to make a Recliner Seat for my Rolling Rowing seat. I want to keep it light. As in a Converted Bass boat seat.
Have any of you done this? Can you show me something you've seen.

Good. You keep looking and we'll share.
We'll turn the fishing world into a Semi-retirement community.

I'll start looking in the 2nd hand stores for some old thing I can plagiarize. :roll:

I had a stadium seat in my old kayak and you could adjust the straps to let the back lean back as far you wanted. During transport I would lay it completely flat. I spent many hours out on the water leaned back and feet propped up.

Thanks for the suggestion. I may have something on that order down in my barn too.

Two seat-backs have let me down. :cry:
One of them caused me to capsize.
Watching all that (long story) :LOL2: must have beep pretty entertaining =D>

This 'invention' will have a Mechanical latch on each side. Two positions, up n' down. No way for errors.
I'll roll the Seat to the aft Thwart seat. Let the Seat-back down onto the Thwart, with a boat cushion for a Pillow.
Then continue on with the 'other' part of my fishing trip.

Good idea RIngo. That is real similar to what I had in mind.
My "Axle" will be down lower so that the Sciatica part of the back gets a little 'lift' to keep the spine in good shape.
My idea was more complex. Way more expensive too. If only I could draw :evil:

I have been toying with idea of putting my LazyBoy recliner in my jon boat. I sleep in it more and more often now while watching "Duck Dynasty" or "Swamp People" on TV.

:LOL2: that's be just too much like the Water bed fix!

Sombody else suggested that.
I'm rowing this boat so the seat has to be a bit smaller in footprint than the Lazy-boy fix. :lol:

I can just imagine you drifting out to sea, or being drawn into a main channel of a larger river, or lifting and dropping as the speed craft send their wakes along the sides of you boat, with radio and cell phone calls flooding the Coast Guard or local sherrif's lines....

all while you blissfully drift along, sound asleep, happy as a clam.

:LOL2: :LOL2: :LOL2:
=D>

The first one I made, collapsed on me.
It let me down in the bow of the boat. I couldn't get myself up.

I rolled over to the side of the boat.
It began to ship water. Lotsa Water! :oops: I rolled back over to the center of the boat. I just couldn't reach any kind of a handle to pull my self up into a seated position.

Pretty soon I had to make a decision. If I were to save my self n' everything in the boat, I had to roll on out of the boat into the lake.
The water was warm and it was Saturday night. :lol:
I had my pfd on. I always have my Pfd on!

So I grabbed onto the boat. Swam it over to the Beach.
Got my Soggy self up onto the Beach.
Dumped the water outtta the boat.
Put my stuff back into the Boat and went on fishing.
Never trusting that seat again. :LOL2:

Been there, done that! It is the very reason I don't have a 12X32 to this day. Make mine 14X48, thank you very much.(sounds like Elvis)

Kismet's post was very humorous. :D

Kismet should finish his story.
Starting with some mischievous Indian kid up in the Memphis area. Jumps in his canoe one day and paddles along with the current till he hit's the Gulf. He get's there just in time for a Hurricane.That kid learns a lot along the way. :LOL2:

Latest posts