people with 1448 grizzly, transom saver or motor down?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitelightnin

Reaction score
I just bought a 1448 tracker grizzly with factory trailer and was wondering what the best way to carry the motor on the boat when hauling it. Use a transom saver or just keep the motor down since the trailer is pretty high? Motor is a 15hp

X2 on the transom saver. Even when towing with the motor down, if you hit a bump, all the weight from the motor gets transferred to the transom. When using a transom saver, most of that weight gets transferred to the trailer, not your transom. I use one on all my boats

BoatingCop said:
X2 on the transom saver. Even when towing with the motor down, if you hit a bump, all the weight from the motor gets transferred to the transom. When using a transom saver, most of that weight gets transferred to the trailer, not your transom. I use one on all my boats
Wouldn't most of the weight get transferred to the trailer...bunks,springs tires...if it's fitted correctly and strapped?

I don't use one(30hp),if I would have to tilt the motor, I would use one.
Not telling you not to use one but just another person opinion.

If it ever becomes evident that transom saver was the correct answer, it will be too late for your transom.

You will never put as much stress on the transom trailering it as you will when in the water while underway. Transom savers are just another gimmick to separate one from his money.

Latest posts