Trolling Motor Bracket

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New River Rat

Reaction score
As some of you remember, I’m the yahoo that cut trolling motor brackets and bolted directly to the front deck.

Now I go through trolling motors like Big Papi does fastballs in October. I just recently got another Minn Kota Endura C55, and decided to go with a bracket. Bassboy1 here has a sweet product, but being the tightwad I am, wanted to save a dime and anyway, I like the analytical aspect along with fabricating recycled materials. I had these powder coated steel brackets taking up space, coupled them with a piece of square aluminum tube, stuck a black plastic cap on the end, and VIOLA!!!

I also would need a travel stabilizer for when it’s being trailered. I had an old E-Z UP canopy frame, cut and fitted, added a flashlight bracket for a cradle and put a rivnut in the deck to secure the whole thing.

It is also rigged to lie on the deck when the trolling motor is in use.

I made all my other refinements to the trolling motor that the engineers just can’t seem to get their head outta their butts to see. Can’t wait for Minn Kota to put me in the Engineering Department.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=333594#p333594 said:
Colbyt » Yesterday, 10:05[/url]"]That is a pretty neat mod using a pair of roof jacks and some scrap tubing.
So they are roof jacks, huh? I bought them at a yard sale and didn't know what they were, just thought I might have a use for them.

Do these new trolling motors need support during transportation, I've allowed mine to free-float so far :?:

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=333717#p333717 said:
Scott1298 » Yesterday, 20:16[/url]"]Do these new trolling motors need support during transportation, I've allowed mine to free-float so far :?:

Mine is a transom mount with the control head rotated 180 degrees. It probably is a foot from the deck and during transport, bounces like crazy. If yours don't bounce, I wouldn't worry too much.