Buying this boat, what look for? (pics)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wombat

Reaction score
What things should I look for when buying a used boat? Its a 1980 gregor + trailer that from seeing it in person is really nicely kept/restored. The paint apparently was done by an automotive shop, its rhino lined inside. Comes with trailer and a new 45lb trolling motor. I plan to mount a 9.9 Nissan on it.

7VMMDyD.jpg

D0UXpBT.jpg

WgQTgWF.jpg

Is $1400 a good price in the CA market?

Gregor makes a sturdy but efficient hull, and this one looks to be in very nice shape. There are a number of things to look for but few more important than having title/ registration papers and ensuring the hull is sound...no serious cracks or painted-over patches that are poorly done. It would be nice to be able to get in the water. Your 9.9 will move it just fine though the hull is likely rated for 20 hp. So plenty strong. I would have no problem with the price. Good luck and have fun.

Being black on the inside of the boat,during summer it's going to get hot fast.Otherwise it looks like it's in great shape

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=333621#p333621 said:
jerseyjimk » 33 minutes ago[/url]"]Being black on the inside of the boat,during summer it's going to get hot fast.Otherwise it looks like it's in great shape

X2 that WILL COOK YOU

Latest posts