Identifying a 1970 Fisher Marine....?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Michaeldinpc

Reaction score
Hey there! Just looking for a little help identifying my old Jon Boat. I know its a 1970 Fisher Marine but from the googling I've done I cant find one that's exactly like mine. I love it so far but like most of the toys I own its a work in progress and I"m always looking for idea's for rainy day projects. It came with a 1971 tiller steer 18hp Evinrude in pieces, $150 worth of parts and a few hours of labor later its running like a top (short of a slight leak in the foot), Once everything else is buttoned up it will be ready for a paint job! The general dimensions seem to match up with the Water Rover 14 but I cant find any others that have the foam filled floor and cavities that run front to back on either side like mine has...? also the pictures I've seen the bow mount trolling motor mount is mounted in center where mine is on mounted port of center.
Here are a few pictures.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    746.6 KB · Views: 515
  • image (2).jpeg
    image (2).jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 517
  • image (3).jpeg
    image (3).jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 516
  • image (4).jpeg
    image (4).jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 516
  • image4.png
    image4.png
    89 KB · Views: 515
It looks a lot like the older Tracker Panfish model from the mid '80's. Open center with flotation on the sides.

Should be a decent boat for just about anything you want to do with it.

I've got a 15' Fisher Water Rover. I think mine is a 77 model. Mine doesn't have the added side panels like yours but the rest appears to be the same, including the TM mount. Mine was in bad shape so I had to rebuild a lot of the mount, so I beefed it up while I was at it.

Latest posts