Two Questions: Bimini top and transom pad for 14 foot V?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wombat

Reaction score
Questions 1
How much would one expect to pay for a bimini top for a 13'4" gregor boat, and where to buy one?

Question 2
Also, this is the rear of my boat:

D0UXpBT.jpg

I want to protect the painted metal on the back when I mount my old nissian 9.9. The inside mount is wood with rhino liner over it. What would be best?

I saw this at west marine

https://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_11151_10001_27717_-1?ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=27717&cid=sc_googlepla&device=c&network=g&matchtype=&gclid=CIqx6s-vyboCFUlyQgodwxoA0A#.UnnBpOJGa9h

Is there anything better? How could I attach it? Epoxy?

7VMMDyD.jpg

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=333831#p333831 said:
Wombat » Yesterday, 23:14[/url]"]Questions 1
How much would one expect to pay for a bimini top for a 13'4" gregor boat, and where to buy one?

Question 2
I want to protect the painted metal on the back when I mount my old nissian 9.9. The inside mount is wood with rhino liner over it. What would be best?

1) Bimini should be anywhere from $150 $ up depending on how many bow's. I got a hurricane 2 bow bimini from cabelas for roughly $170, i think. It is worth every penny though.

2) Keep some original paint and paint over scrapes if it means that much. I wouldn't worry about it unless you enter it in boat shows :LOL2:

#1, Amazon, evilBay or a Google search for internet. However getting one from a retail store makes it easier to return if it doesn't fit correctly.

#2. ditto, put something consumable against the hull. Anything from layers of duct tape to a metal or wood backer plate would work as long as the clamps and tighten up solid. I drilled through my transom when I mounted my motor, kept the theft potential down and gave me piece of mind that the O/B wouldn't end up along the side of the road or the bottom of the river.

Latest posts