Marine Grade Switch (Single)

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BigTerp

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I'm looking for a stand alone marine grade switch. I currently have a 5 gang switch panel with 12V socket that powers my nav lights, anchor light, interior lights, stereo and bilge pump. I'm working on converting 2 halogen off road lights into 35w HID lights to mount on the front of my boat and need to find another switch for them. I run a really shallow, rocky and narrow river before dawn all winter long to waterfowl hunt and need these extra lights to be able to pick my lines through the nasties, especially when I'll be by myself. All of the single switches I've come across seem to be more for replacement in a switch panel, not meant to stand alone. Any suggestions?

Here is the panel that houses my control box and switch panel. I'd like to mount my extra switch somewhere on there.
IMAG1004_zps66eb2a2a.jpg

I may just end up re-wiring my switch panel and put my anchor and interior lights on the same switch, which would free up a switch for my driving lights. I'm thinking anytime I have my anchor light on I'm going to have my interior lights on anyway. Would be nice to have everything wired independently though.

Just get a heavy duty toggle switch from any auto supply store. Or even bass pro if you want a strictly marine grade switch. Mount it under the other panel and you are good. Doubt much water will get behind that panel to blow the fuse... If it does you've got more problems than a blown fuse. Make sure you use connectors with the rubber tubing at the crimped end an slide heat shrink over the connection after you are done.. Should be fool proof.

Thanks!! I found a few that should work. I'm pretty sure I know how to wire one of these, but just want to make sure. Positive from battery with in-line fuse to toggle switch, positive from toggle switch to lights. Negative from lights to battery or bus bar. Correct?

Check to make sure u have a 2 way switch and not a 3 way

Latest posts