Seat strap replacement tip

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lil miss boo

Reaction score
The seat straps on my Bass Tracker were pretty beat up or not even there anymore on two of them and it looked really bad using bungee cords to keep them closed while going to the launch. So I figured I would try the dog collar trick I read somewhere. If you go to the dollar store you can get the nylon dog collars that are about ½ inch or ¾ inch wide and have the plastic type clasp they work perfect.

Step 1: Open up the collar and lay it flat

Step 2: Use a razor knife or a pair of good scissors to cut the female end about an inch and a half from the end.

Step 3: Use a lighter or heat gun to melt the ends a little bit so they don’t fray.

Step 4: I took the screw that held the male end of the original snap out of the back of the seat and put the female end on the seat and used a washer and reused the screw to screw it into the old hole.

Step 5: Extend the other part of the dog collar about half way and screw it with a washer to the bottom of the seat or in my case to the front of the hatch lid that it’s mounted on.

Step 6: Snap it closed and adjust it till it’s tight enough to stop the seat back from lifting up while driving.

I took pictures of each step when I did this but I couldn’t get them to upload. If you want to see how each step is done just inbox me and I will try and send them to you.

A dog collars a great idea. I tried using velcro to hold my old strap on and it melted in the summer heat. I always felt like a dork running down the road with the seat back standing up in the air and waving around.