Leveling a floor and deck?So i

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paradactal

Reaction score
So I have been reading and reading and after scratching my head over and over about exactly how I am going to tackle this new to me 14ft Gregor. My question is, How do I get the casting deck and floor level? my thoughts are just to lower the trailer and put a level on the seat, and when it shows level, go from there. Should I worry about going off the level, or just what looks good. I guess , how did you guys do it? Here is a few pics of what Im working with. I plan to build a front casting deck level to the front seat, rear deck, and floor in between seats.

Attachments

• boat.JPG
    boat.JPG
    322.5 KB · Views: 590
  • boat1.JPG
    boat1.JPG
    422.9 KB · Views: 590
Don't use a level.. The boat may not sit exactly level when floating in the water.
Instead use a straightedge across the gunwales. Then measure down from there to maintain control in your decking.

Establish a center line and work off of that towards the sides. If you need more help...
there are plenty of guys here to help. Try using closed cell Styrofoam underneath the floor to save weight and it helps with sound deadening a little as well.

The best answer is to take a 2' level with you to the water. Splash the hull and lay the level on your middle bench front to rear. Space up which ever end is low and then 'level' boat once it's in your garage on the trailer. Of course you need to guestimate your weight balance with the materials you'll be using for the front deck.

When I built mine I went off what the manufacturer did for the middle bench and winged it from there. Unless you build it really angled you'll never notice if it's out of level a bit.

Latest posts