tracker grizzly owners, how did you mount your transducers?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitelightnin

Reaction score
I've got a 1448 tracker grizzly and recently purchased the lowrance hds7 touch with both transducers, is the back on the transom wood between the aluminum? I'm wondering because if I drill into the back to mount the transducers I can't put through bolts with nuts on the back because of the way the grizzlies have the rear side benches leaving no access to put nuts on. I've also considered the stern saver mounts (epoxy on) have any of you all tried those? Looking.for any advise I can get from tracker grizzly owners. Thanks in advance

Not a tracker, but mine is attached with rivets with backers.

Thanks for the replies! Hey lovedr79 I'm in Fairfax VA, do you ever fish up this way? I've been down to lake Frederick a few times down your way but not much luck though they say they have some big fish in there.

I primarily fish the Shenandoah. Lake frederick has some monsters, but its hard to fish. I have done some night fishing for cats with good results.

Good to know! Where do you launch in the Shenandoah? Ive wanted to put my boat in there but thought it got pretty shallow in most places

its very shallow all over that river. the only section I know of (where I fish mostly) that you can run an outboard is to put in at the golf course behind riverton walmart or the riverton public launch by the rock quarry. the public launch is shallow, just take it easy for about 100 yards then it gets a little deeper. you have a couple miles of river to fish. but I will warn you after about 12 on the weekends down river from the 66 bridge the jet skis get intense! aswell as people water skiing.

Is that the golf course you can see right after you cross over the bridge on 66 before the Walmart? And which way do you go, away from the bridge to deeper water? I might have to try it I wanna catch some small mouth