Feeling pretty dumb right about now...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tonynoriega

Reaction score
So as I am out in my garage and contemplating my upcoming paint job... I looked at the side of the hull, along the "fin" or wing...

Where I removed the benches there are 5 rivets that hold them to the hull...and only 3 that hold the seat to an angled bracket which had the 5 holes.... realizing I should have only removed the 3 and left he bracket untouched and in tact...

rookie mistake.

what is going to be my best option to securing the bracket and bench back to the hull...

I have replaced about 20 rivets in the bottom already with some closed end blind rivets and some 3M5200.... can I do that here as well?

Not pretty, but not sure what else I can do...

SS nuts and bolts?

Oh, this made my head hurt and heartache...

On my boat the bench bracket is fairly high above the waterline.I have given this some thought also. If the boat sits high enough above the water line very little water will enter.ss and 5200 will be fine same with rivets.I will probably use the holes for longer brackets to support a rod locker and storage space.since my boat doesn't have any ribs I have to be creative and put my brain to more work than it's used to!! :mrgreen:

Latest posts