anyone using a standup bar?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wood_Duck

Reaction score
I'm thinking of having a u style standup bar made for my Lowe tiller jet. I have never used one but the added safety and visibility obtained standing while running, especially shallow seems fantastic. If I do I'll likely use a seperate base so I can remove it if or when needed. Are they worth having?

I love my grab bar. I use it all the time every time. The tiller extender + grab bar combo is a great set up. Once you use them, you'll never go back. Best of all, I made both out of good ol' PVC and a bit of stainless steel hardware. Check out microskiffl.com and/or customgheenoe.com for all sorts of ideas and inspirations. Good luck!

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=338671#p338671 said:
Paul Marx » Yesterday, 17:11[/url]"]Here in the South they are called "OH NO " bars . :lol:
I thought down here they're called "OH (insert 4 letter dirty word) bars. I found a basic u shaped at fishmaster tops, and I'm going to check the local aluminum fab place to see what having them build one would cost.