Livewell Question?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xmytruck

Reaction score
Hello
I am not sure if I have an issue or if this is normal behavior. When I turn on manual my livewell pump water goes in the livewell as expected but once I start to pick up speed water stops flowing into the livewell. Once I start to slow down the water starts flowing again into the livewell.
X

xmytruck said:
Hello
I am not sure if I have an issue or if this is normal behavior. When I turn on manual my livewell pump water goes in the livewell as expected but once I start to pick up speed water stops flowing into the livewell. Once I start to slow down the water starts flowing again into the livewell.
X

I think this is normal! Where is the hole where the water comes in? Where is the whole when your moving? CAn water still get in or is it rushing by?

Is the hole on the side or on the back?

It is normal! You can correct it by getting a live well fitting to go over the hole, gives it a little scoop action so your live well pump can still draw some water while you are moving.

Your live well can't 'suck' water once you are on a plane......I would turn it off until you get to the next spot since it may burn up....I have a recirculator that I use once I have water in the live well...

Latest posts