Ready to fish/ need some advice!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lil Ronnie

Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am ready to get my new to me 1538 Fisher Marine in the water and do some crappie fishing! The boat is still a work in progress. The boat is bare aluminum and I would like to do a camo paint job of some sort on it before I start on the inside. My question is with it being winter here in Arkansas it might be 60 one day and 30 the next. I have no way of getting the boat inside. How do I paint it? What do y'all recommend? I was thinking about steelflex for the bottom and about 6" up the sides. And etching primer and rattle can the rest.

Wait till its a consent 70 out if your going to paint it outside. Check out youtube, there are a TON of videos on camo painting and some really great tips.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=338805#p338805 said:
Lil Ronnie » Yesterday, 09:23[/url]"]Hello everyone, I am ready to get my new to me 1538 Fisher Marine in the water and do some crappie fishing! The boat is still a work in progress. The boat is bare aluminum and I would like to do a camo paint job of some sort on it before I start on the inside. My question is with it being winter here in Arkansas it might be 60 one day and 30 the next. I have no way of getting the boat inside. How do I paint it? What do y'all recommend? I was thinking about steelflex for the bottom and about 6" up the sides. And etching primer and rattle can the rest.

Same size as mine so lets see some pics and see if it's same style as mine. What part of AR are you in?

Latest posts