Tracker Pro or Alumacraft Invader...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JDflats

Reaction score
My 1st post so I'm hoping I put it in the right place.
I'm looking to buy a used aluminum bass rig. I've looked at 2002 Alumacraft so far and I'm going to check out a Tracker. What I'd like is one around 17' in length and at least a 82" beam, minimum of 50 HP. Here's what info I have so far:
2002 Alumacraft Invader 175SC
Yamaha 80 HP 4 Stroke. I think the motor is a 1998, not sure. The boat is at a local dealer. This boat was owned by one owner, bought and serviced at this dealer. The motor was new when it was put on the boat, I guess you could call it a leftover. Has a 12/24 trolling motor.
2006 Bass Tracker Pro 170 TX. It has a 4 stroke 50 HP Merc. The boat is for sale by it's only owner, used on one local lake....very clean boat. I need to contact the guy for more info.
Since these are earlier model boats I'm having problems getting specs. The Invader is 17 1/2' with 88 or 89" beam.
I'm not sure about the Tracker. Does anyone have any input on either or both of these boats? Preference, specs, measurements, etc....
I'm needing a boat that is stable when fishing standing. That's my reason for needing some specs on the Tracker.
The Alumacraft is priced at $8400.
Tracker at $8300.
Also what's your opinions on the pricing?
I'm not exactly a little guy, 6' 2" and 265. So yes I need some stability. Thanks for a any help. I hope there aren't too many errors in this post...typing on this phone sucks.

Seems like the tracker is the better deal IMO. Boat prices vary depending on your area. Take a look on craigslist for what similar boats are going for. I'd suggest checking everything with either boat. Be sure to ask lots of questions.

I'm trying to get more info on the Tracker tonight. I still haven't got the dimensions of it. One site said it's only 16' 3" in length and another says 17' plus. Not sure on the beam either. I'm waiting for a call back from the owner.
If anyone has the dimensions of the 2006 Bass Tracker Pro 170TX I'd appreciate it. I emailed Tracker and can't get any info. Thanks again.
I'm seeing more 16'3" with a 80" beam. I'm going to check one out this weekend. I'm just wondering about the stability of it while fishing standing up. I won't get to try that.

Latest posts