What do you love most about your boat?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BoatCoversandBiminis

Reaction score
After reading through so many interesting posts about modifications and additions to your Tin Boats, we are impressed!

We want to know---

What do you love most about your boat? Is there a particular feature or modification that gives you the most pride? Maybe even a special place your boat takes you?

Please share with us your share pictures and stories- we want to hear what you most appreciate about your boat, and what you have done to make it your own.

Look forward to hearing from you guys!
Shannon with Boat Covers Direct
https://www.boatcoversdirect.com/products/boat_covers/carver/

The single thing that I like most about my boat is that IT'S MINE......ALL MINE.

The second thing I like most about my boat is that my wife totally approves and let's me use it a LOT! (I have the greatest wife in the world)

Its so hard to pick just one thing,

If I had to pic just one I would say "The concept" envisioning the perfect flats skiff and then making it happen. A close second would be putting the 115HP 4 stroke on the 17ft aluminum hull and having it perform in excess of my expectations.

Attachments

• 043.JPG
    043.JPG
    52.5 KB · Views: 886
it gets me out of the house.my wife and i take at least a dozen long weekend trips and a whole month in the summer camping and fishing all over the province.it also gave me the incentive to quit smoking.after not smoking for 2 years,new boat. :D

The size/space aboard-1860, the simple durable aluminum construction and the limitless custom modifications I can do to make it perfect for my uses. I also like the fact I don't need a soft or sandy beach and can beach this larger Jonboat about anywhere I please and can pull it half out of the water to keep it from rocking/banging on rocky shores when other boats wakes/waves hit the shore while I've gone hunting game or driftwood or when camping.

[url=https://www.tinboats.net/forum/viewtopic.php?p=346271#p346271 said:
DrNip » 25 Mar 2014, 18:56[/url]"]That it will get me off the dock and banks.

Likewise...can't wait to hit the water this year

Not one specific thing. What I love the most about my boat is that I built it how I wanted. No matter how nice a boat is that someone else built there is always something that you would have designed differently. I made my rig how I wanted it, time will tell if I feel the same after I get her in the water.

Mine is basically that I built / modified a stock hull to work well in the water I run for the type fishing I do. Light weight, I/B jet for shallow running. High center console for forward visibility to avoid rocks and huge decks to fish off of.

I guess the thing I love the most about it is that it's pretty darned cool looking and gets a lot of compliments on and off the water.

DSC01637_zpsee3825ba.jpg

Besides my Carver Bimini and Boat cover (shameless plug) my boat is another way to interact with nature. My wife and I will fish, cruise, or go Birding...any reason to be on the water.

Economy. Over the last few years, downsized from an F350 towing a 26' cabin cruiser to a Nissan towing the little tin boat. Lots less strain on the nerves and wallet.

Cost me only $1400 when I got it, boat, motor and trailer plus all kinds of stuff the guy threw in.
It leaked but I found it and gooed it up with 3M5200
He said the motor was missing and running wrong, turned out the spark plugs were gapped wrong.
Electric start, PTT, on board storage, swivel seats and a bilge pump
Big enough to walk around comfortably but small enough for my RAV4 to tow it.
Insurance less than $100 a year.
The people I like to fish with like to fish in it.
I guess I am sorta easy to please.
Tim

The fact it is 62 years old and is just now going to be hitting its prime.

Once I am done that is.

And if it floats.

And if my tanks and properly supply fuel to my outboard.

What I love most is that my boat is ready to go at a moments notice, any time I have the free time and desire to go, whether it's fishing or just out for a ride down the river.

I love the fact that is was literally laying under a pile of junk and I was able to resurrect it.
I love that it can be transported on top of my Explorer.
I love that it offers me many hours of fishing pleasure and gets me to new places I couldn't get to previously.
The thing I most love about it was the look my 9 yo daughter had on her face while she was operating the electric motor. :D

My daughter with the boat after fishing for a few hours :
AmandaonBoat018Re.jpg

I love the fact that i took a 29 yr old tinny and refurbished it into a completely new boat. All at a great price, and it's completely customized to my likings. Can't beat fishing from a boat you basically brought back from the dead. It's got plenty of storage now too, which makes it way easier to just hook up the boat and go rather than having to make sure everything gets packed every time.

Latest posts