Tongue & Groove Aluminum Flooring

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WebbsWelding

Reaction score
I wanted to show you guys an option to consider for your next flooring project. It comes in 5 inch wide pieces. It interlocks and has a good surface texture. The little vertical ridges make it super strong. I like it because I do not have to use near as much support structure as sheeting. Take a look. It's not cheap but it is a great product. My buddy owns the patent for the extrusion and has it made for him. He uses it for flooring aluminum trailers but I have been buying it from him for decking boats. I have been making 2nd story additions to pontoon boats with it too. Great stuff, Adam Webb
floor2.jpg

floor3.jpg

floor.jpg

wow i bet that stuff is strong. that would really cut down on the amount of support you need relative to sheet metal.

it would also be really nice on boat floors so water can travel through the channels while the foot surface stays dry. pop some drain holes in there every now and again and it could drain to the bilge

since its modular, its easier to store and in some ways easier to work with than sheet metal

The die for the extrusion was manufactured and patented by my buddy, I don't think it can be bought anywhere but I may be wrong, somebody somewhere may be producing something similar. If I get enough interest I may place a 1000lb order for it, that is the extruders minimum they will run. As far as a per sq foot price I would guess around $7 a sq foot but don't hold me to it, It's high but I get it back in fewer supports and less cutting. It has been really popular.

pretty sweet, but not really an "option to consider" until there is some produced and for sale
definitely post back when it's available

Well, I can get it and cut pieces to length and ship it. I hav'nt put a lot of thought into it but it should be easy enough. The floor in the pic took 17 pcs cut to 55 inches. It would be pretty easy to cut, bundle and ship. I bet the shipping would be pricey. I have tons of scrap pieces if someone wanted to touch and feel it before committing. I could mail a six inch piece cheap enough. PM me, Adam Webb

Do you have the patent number? I'm in the patent business and would like to read the claims.

Latest posts