Replacing Spray in foam with blue or pink sheets

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Moep43

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

My 17 footer is full of old spray in. Doesn't this keep most of the water if it seeps in from the front, from getting to the bilge in the back?
I am redoing the transom and the floors and am now thinking about taking it up the foam so I can really seal up any leaking rivets up toward the front. I see guys talking about the blue and pink sheets from Home Depot and Lowes being used as opposed to the spray in. Is this a good or a bad idea? and does anyone have pictures of a install on a larger boat? Do you just stack them on top of one another and cut them small to large or what?

I know this post is a little old now, but I used the pink sheets from HD to replace the old spray-in foam on my 16' Lund. Cut and stack to fit basically.

There should be some sort of gap along the center running from front to back to allow some sort of flow, otherwise it'd be good to make sure there is one when replacing.

The old spry foam may be an open cell foam which will absorb water. As long as you have the boat apart I would recommend replacing it.

Latest posts