My new Alweld

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firsttimer

Reaction score
Good Morning
Just wanted to show off my new Alweld 1756. Currently has a 25 hp 2 stroke and a 70 lbs. TM on the bow. I just picked it up yesterday and am really excited to start work on it. I still need to figure out some storage issues and was hoping you guys could help me out. I had it out yesterday and the boat handles really well and is super stable with two large men in the boat.

I bought the boat because it seemed to be a nice compromise of a bass boat and a duck boat. I think I may want to extend the bow deck to add some storage. I am currently trying to wire up the 24 volt system and the battery charger in that small space in the bow. it looks like it's huge in the pic, but it's only 9 inches wide in that compartment. the rest is flotation under the bow deck. Any ideas for storage would be great guys. Also is 20 mph good for this boat with a 25 2 stroke and about 700 lbs of men and gear?

Thanks
Brian

20140507_181548.jpeg20140507_181541.jpeg

VERY NICE....congrats! =D> =D> =D>

And....welcome to the TinBoat family. You're gonna love it here. This is the best forum on the web!

And...yes...I think 20 mph is about right....someone else with a similar rig should be able to confirm that...but it seems about right to me.

Nice boat! I think it will serve you well for what you are planning to use it for.
20 mph sounds pretty good with that amount of weight onboard.

Man I'm jealous. Nice, tough big boat with plenty of room. Enjoy.

Thanks guys. I had it out yesterday fishingvin a local reservoir and its was great. The 70 lbs minn kotta was awesome. It definitely needs a bigger front deck just to find a comfortable position for the foot control

No update, just going to enjoy the new boat for the better part of the summer. I did manage to squeeze the two TM batteries and the charger in that little cubby hole in the bow. what a pain that was. I don't like the batteries being so squeezed in there. the batteries will def come out of there and be mounted under the new deck.

My latest thoughts on the deck is using that plastic type lumber they use for fences. that way it will never rot. I think it's pretty light as well. also I may have figured a way to secure/mount the whole deck without putting a single hole in the boat. I'm going to clamp/bolt two pieces of the wood together and sandwich the wall of the cubby hole and make that my anchor point for the deck. that way when duck season comes I can remove the deck and have hunting room.

I do have a question for everyone. I have that 70 lbs minn kota edge bow mount installed and when i go to pull it out of the water I have to manipulate the pedal to get the motor in the right position in order to get it on the boat. is this normal or is it installed in the clamp wrong? I see all the guys on tv just yank the cord and pull and the motor just swings around and comes right up on the boat. also its pretty stiff to get the motor back in the bracket, does it just need break in time? thanks guys

If you don't have the spring assist and I don't believe you do then yes you have to manually a just your trolling motor to come up and lay down. If you loosen the clamp on the trolling motor and turn the head to different angles it may come up and lay down without movement of the foot pedal. It'll just depend on the position when you yank it up. My boats laid out the same way but I have a storage box on one side and a live well on the other and my storage up front in my cubby holes pretty good size. Nice boat.

looks like an awesome boat! 20mph is right on for that size motor/boat

And with a 70# tm that thing must fly

should be a great season on the water!

Latest posts