Once upon a time there was a 14' JB...

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LeftCoastAngler

Reaction score
This thread will be a pictorial to document my progress on the JB mod... Bear with me while I try to upload piccies...

Picture143.jpg

Picture147.jpg

~LCA.

Thanks. Happy to be here. This place has been a plethora of information pertaining to aluminum boat deck design and modifications... I thank you.

Picture149-1.jpg

Picture151-1.jpg

~LCA.

Thanks for stoppin' in fellas. To answer your question about support... The boat itself has four sets of bench seating type deals across it I'm only elavating the bow area of the boat for fishing and trolling motor operation... The way I got it set up, there's only 20inches of no support under the top deck... I weigh in a mere 170 soak and wet, so the way I figure it, it'll support me for a couple years until I buy my poling skiff... :D

I'm all about limiting weight for draft ability. We here in SWFL take advantage of our lush, up and coming grass flats... I need to be able to float in 7-12 inches of water... Motor trimmed up, and poling the flat...

The next phase just may be a elavated poling platform on the stern. That's still undecided cuz the only reason for that is for 2 person fishing... I'm a solo fisherman usually.. :) I like to run up and down backwater canals for snook and reds...

The hatch really looks the bizness eh? It'll really look sharp once everythings got carpet on it. I got it a TAMahoneys here in Tampa. They've got a website:

https://www.tamahoney.com/

...more to come.

~LCA.

LeftCoastAngler said:
Thanks for stoppin' in fellas. To answer your question about support... The boat itself has four sets of bench seating type deals across it I'm only elavating the bow area of the boat for fishing and trolling motor operation... The way I got it set up, there's only 20inches of no support under the top deck... I weigh in a mere 170 soak and wet, so the way I figure it, it'll support me for a couple years until I buy my poling skiff... :D

I'm all about limiting weight for draft ability. We here in SWFL take advantage of our lush, up and coming grass flats... I need to be able to float in 7-12 inches of water... Motor trimmed up, and poling the flat...

The next phase just may be a elavated poling platform on the stern. That's still undecided cuz the only reason for that is for 2 person fishing... I'm a solo fisherman usually.. :) I like to run up and down backwater canals for snook and reds...

The hatch really looks the bizness eh? It'll really look sharp once everythings got carpet on it. I got it a TAMahoneys here in Tampa. They've got a website:

https://www.tamahoney.com/

...more to come.

~LCA.

ok. thx for the info. im thinking of wat im gonna do with my boat. no idea. i dont think im gonna deck it. dont think it would be sturdy and i wouldnt like sitting. i have been fishing in boats with no deck for a while... im use to it. im thinking of just putting floors down. :D :D :D :D :D =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Ref: that link. Click under that red address bar... Online Catalogs...

Bro, when your thinkin' bout fixing yours... Fix it per YOUR fishability... The way to make your trip the comfortablist...

~LCA.

LeftCoastAngler said:
Ref: that link. Click under that red address bar... Online Catalogs...

Bro, when your thinkin' bout fixing yours... Fix it per YOUR fishability... The way to make your trip the comfortablist...

~LCA.

comfortablist? haha. but yea. i dont bass fish. some im gonna lay floors only. crappie fishing and blue gill r for me! lol :D :mrgreen: :lol:

Looks great,would like to see the pictures if you decide to build a poling platform in the stern,that would be cool.
You made me google plethora,it's good to learn new things everyday.
Not sure about comfortablist:)
happy catching

Zum said:
Looks great,would like to see the pictures if you decide to build a poling platform in the stern,that would be cool.

Do you sight fish up there? Maybe for bass during a spawn or something?

~LCA.

Do you sight fish up there? Maybe for bass during a spawn or something?

~LCA.[/quote]
Nope...no real sight fishing going on up here,just thought it would be cool to see someone build there own using a jon boat.Would be pretty cool though,probably see alot more fish with a birds eye view.

Thanks mate... Some stainless steel machine screws/nuts are in order to fasten the hatch to the wood... I'll also need some stainless self-tapping type screws to get the deck down onto the aluminum benches... Oh and the 'finishing' washers for those too... :D

~LCA.

Latest posts