FNG here.

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scandagriff

Reaction score
I plan on putting a small deck on my 12 ft semi v. I just had another back surgery so I've had plenty of time to search and plan my attack. But I haven't a clue on how to set up the aluminum framing. I understand the setup to the benches but not sure how to get it hooked up to the hull.
My question is... is there a forum you know of on here that goes in depth on the aluminum framing. I do a lot better with pics. Thanks.
This is what I will be working with.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1408332968100.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1408332968100.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 509
If you're not going to use any hatches in your build and are just going to lay the whole deck on top of the benches, it would be a lot cheaper and easier to just use 2x4s attached directly to the underside of the decking wood, perpendicular to each of the benches. If you really wanted to use aluminum, you could screw aluminum L brackets to secure the 2x4s to the benches. No need to complicate a pretty straightforward project, IMHO.
Hopefully the below diagram makes sense.

-----------
Bench
-----------
|| || ||
|| || ||
-----------
Bench
-----------
|| || ||
|| || ||
-----------
Bench
-----------

Thank you for responding. I had wanted to put a hatch from the back bench to the transom for the battery and such and then a small hatch from the front bench for miscellaneous. I know I can drill and pop rivets into the bench but am I able to do that to the hull? Thanks again for your time.

Latest posts