carpet question..

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshman

Reaction score
can someone suggest how to cut my carpet to wrap/fit in the U shaped notches?? I've got the carpet glued, can't figure out to wrap.. scratching my head, going crazy...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 562
Cut a slit in the center of the U... Don't cut it all the way to the wood. Stop about 3/4" short. Then pull it tight downwards and on one side and staple. Then pull the other side and staple. This should have pulled that 3/4" piece that you didn't cut tight. Remember don't pull strictly.to the side of the U. Kinda go at a n angle until the carpet pulls tight against the notch.

If you have a little extra carpet and wood, try a few demo cuts...
I did this trying to get the inside of my hatch to fit right.

From my eye... I see you may want to try a "Y" cut.

Again, just go a bit short of right to the wood... then pull the center flap toward the inner "bottom" of the "U", then pull the remaining flaps, left and right towards the inside.

maybe?

I'm trying... fooled with it last night.. got one side done... not happy with it... seriously thinking about stripping the carpet, order new carpet and just install tge floor and then carpet... floor won't be removable like I wanted though...(I'm not crazy about the carpet I bought anyway...

Dont waste any more time or money... just go with it.

I have a few corners I wish I could have done again, but said screw it.

Its a fishing boat right?

I gave up... just went and bought new carpet that I like better... started stripping the old carpet, and let's just say that glue I used worked great.. very difficult to strip... probably gonna just buy new plywood and cut out another floor.. a little wasted money, but ill survive..

Latest posts