1959-60 LONE STAR BOATS SERIAL NUMBER LIST??????

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

satx78247

Reaction score
Friends,

I've found yet another abandoned "tinny" utility-runabout "sitting out in the weeds", looking "sad & abandoned".

This "finned utility" (ODDLY for a Lone Star of the era) looks as though it was NEVER painted. The "seating" (based on a search for "screw/bolt holes") seems to have been a front seat, fitted with (rotten but there is "enough left" to make a pattern from) plain plywood seat-backs and a plain rear bench.
(Likely, it had "loose" or "snap-on" cushions at some time.)

It has NO Texas registration numbers (or any sign of ever having had any).

The fiberglassics.com "library" has NO Lone Star hull in the brochures that is exactly 16 feet down the centerline X 64 inch beam, with a 60 inch wide transom, that's 15 inches tall to the top of the motor support, for either 1959 or 1960.
Further, the hull looks as though it was never fitted with a windshield.
(Given all of the above, I'm wondering if it perhaps is a "un-catalogued" utility that was built at the end of 1959, using some parts for the new 1960 models OR if Lone Star's "big brochure" for those years does not illustrate/describe the entire "factory line" OR if it's "something else"???)

So, if anyone here has a by serial number list for Lone Star Boats for 1950 and 1960, PLEASE email the list as "an attachment" to: [email protected]

THANKS, satx

Hey Tex!

In researching our '56, I found out how the serial numbers worked on those old Lone Stars, (with the help of a guy in DFW, and the game warden).

Did you find a serial number stamped on the aft left upper, on the outside of the transom? Post some pics of the boat. Perhaps I might can help you. :)

Keith
Texas

TexasLoneStar56,

Turns out that it's a 1959 model. BUT I still do NOT know WHICH Lone Star Utility/Runabout that it is, as the 1959 factory "big" picture brochure doesn't have a boat listed with those measurements.

THANKS, satx

Latest posts