Rod Holder

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bobberboy

TinBoats Supporter
Reaction score
I've had my current boat for about four years and never installed any rod holders. In my 14 footer there isn't enough room on the side of the boat between the deck in front and the operator's seat for a rod and those multi-rod holders ended up to be too low if I attached them to the ribs. I had bought one of those Berkley 4-rod holders a while back but once I discovered it wouldn't work kind of forgot about it until today. I decided to modify the holder (I'm not sure anything I've ever bought for a boat didn't need some kind of alteration) knowing if I screwed it up it didn't really matter anyway. I started by cutting the holder into two to see if I could figure a way to mount it once I saw what I was dealing with. I did figure out a way. I fashioned two brackets from .125"x1.5" aluminum flat stock that would each hold half of the rod rack - one above the deck at the front and the other connected to the gunwale and ribs towards the back. My gunwales have that slot for a 1/4" carriage bolt so it made attaching the brackets a cinch. I haven't panted the brackets yet but once I do I'll use some kind of glue to hold the bottom of the rack to the bracket. About an hour's work with a piece of scrap aluminum and some SS hardware.

Looks good. Here is what I came up with a couple years ago. Works great. Just riveted sealed and painted Berkeley rod racks from wlamart

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411755466943.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411755466943.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 422

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1411755662233.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1411755662233.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 421

Latest posts