Transducer throwing water into boat???

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whitetailhntr

Reaction score
My transducer at top speed sprays water into the boat is there a reason it's doing that? Is it mounted too low? It's on a 14' flat bottom with a 15" transom. The transducer is mounted on the back of the boat next to the motor. The bottom of the transducer is flush with the bottom of the boat. Any help would be great.

Mine is doing th same thing. I was told to raise iit. I raise mine about 1/4" and it's not spraying into the boat now.

If it is a Humminbird transducer, did you put the little spacer in the space between the mount and the adjustment screw. That little black "puck" is there for that reason.

Nismoron said:
If it is a Humminbird transducer, did you put the little spacer in the space between the mount and the adjustment screw. That little black "puck" is there for that reason.
This is your answer

Nismoron said:

I'll check

Pull up the mounting instructions from humminbird's website - you'll see where you went wrong pretty quickly

Only thing I can see off the instructions is it may be mounted too low and s bit angled down?

I wish on the water would elaborate a little bit more rather than post that and then not say anything else

[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=367200#p367200 said:
whitetailhntr » Today, 12:19[/url]"]

There is a plastic puck that snaps into place that fills the hole where you can see between the transducer and the transom. Also, it looks from the pics that it is mounted a 1/4 inch low. The bottom of the boat should be even with the middle of the transducer itself. Not the mount. It is hard to tell if you have it right from the pics. But the "puck" is important. If you have lost it, cut a piece of foam, plastic, wood, whatever to fill the gap. Maybe put a piece of "fun noodle" type foam and then wrap it with a couple of rounds of electrical tape.

Sorry - didn't make it back on last night. It's definitely too low. The instructions are very clear on where it needs to be, and have diagrams for reference. I just didn't have time at that moment to do the lookup for you. I added the red line to the image to better illustrate the 4 or 5 degree downward slant of the unit housing as depicted from the drop from the dashed line to my red line. You'll see the outer edge of the seam is what needs to align to the bottom of the boat.

1QaY8KNl.jpg

Compare your profile pic to the one in the instructions - you're probably an inch too low or more, and not angled correctly either - your rear is far lower than your front, not the 4 or 5 degree difference described. I drew a red line for the plane of the bottom of the boat as best I could for reference - your whole transducer and a portion of your mounting bracket are below the line.

j3Ofvzul.jpg

Nismoron said:
[url=https://forum.tinboats.net/viewtopic.php?p=367200#p367200 said:
whitetailhntr » Today, 12:19[/url]"]

There is a plastic puck that snaps into place that fills the hole where you can see between the transducer and the transom. Also, it looks from the pics that it is mounted a 1/4 inch low. The bottom of the boat should be even with the middle of the transducer itself. Not the mount. It is hard to tell if you have it right from the pics. But the "puck" is important. If you have lost it, cut a piece of foam, plastic, wood, whatever to fill the gap. Maybe put a piece of "fun noodle" type foam and then wrap it with a couple of rounds of electrical tape.

This was the problem thank you

Latest posts