Center Console Question

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oktex56

Reaction score
Hi all, First post.

I have a 15' Jon boat I call ol stump jumper with a 40 hp merc.

I taught the kids to fish out of this boat in Louisiana and can't seem to part with it.

I have been fixing her up after neglecting for a few years. Steering is Teleflex rack and froze up on me.

I was on Google and found you guys and enjoy all the ideas and experience.

I am going to pop for new steering (rotary) and have been seriously considering building a center console. (right hand steering now)

I want the NFB - no feed back and read somewhere that having center console position vs right hand causes steering torque to be felt. Is this the case and if so will the NFB take care of that?

Also, thoughts appreciated on removing rear bench seat and moving seating/steering more forward.

Thanks in advance,

Steve aka oktex56

Thanks for the reply.
I am going to eventually give the boat to my daughter, so want to make sure it is easy steering.

I've put the NFB helm into 3 boats now, powered with 50 & 70hp Yamaha's and all 3 were center consoles. Absolutely zero torque felt on the wheel, until it is broken in the helm is actually very stiff.

Latest posts