Jon boat parts?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marshman

Reaction score
A good source for aluminum Jon boat parts?

I tore down an old 70s jonboat a few years ago to strip, repaint, and fix up...it's just the hull, nothing else... Had a the parts(handles, angle braces, corner braces, knee brace, misc other pieces) in a plastic bin put away for safe keeping. Well, it wasn't so safe and has disappeared... I've been able to find some handles on eBay... Is there anywhere else to look for any other parts? I'm not even Sure of the manufacturer... Dang now that I think about it a reread this, I guess I'm not helping my cause....

I like the lines/shape of this hull and hate to just scrap it...

The first place I'd look would be your local boat mechanic to see if there might be an old junked aluminum boat beyond repair that you can scavenge the parts off of. The handles, you can probably find something similar to what you need at a hardware store/farm supply store, If you cant find the corner braces/brackets you could always have a set made for you ( if you have redneck friends who can weld aluminum you can probably get it done for the price of a six pack :mrgreen: ) or you could buy a piece of scrap diamond plate form a local recycler & have a local fab shop make a couple for you at a low cost. It's either this or keep hunting ebay but who knows you might just find your box of parts. Good luck to you.

I'm not stressing.. I'm
A fabricator by trade... Just don't have access to the rights tools and material outside of work...

Handles, I can get on eBay.. Mostly the corner braces on the transom are what I'm mostly concerned about... I can probably figure it out..

Thanks..

Thanks... It's much cheaper to source aluminum locally... Ive never dealt with online metals but have checked their website many times in the past... I'm in south Louisiana, the land of aluminum fab shops...

I don't have anything at home to make any clean bends...

Again, thanks... This was a bust, sorry for the waste of time...

oh - forgot about him - he's on Ebay - sells a lot of 2nd hand boat parts come to think of it, I bought my livewell controls off of him

Latest posts