New guy here first post

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CDK

Reaction score
I have been looking over the back fence awhile and decided to try for some help.

Due to my long legs for comfort I want to make modifications on my Gregor 510 side console.
The first will be the 13 in. steering wheel. I need to squeeze real hard to get my knee under it.
There are 2 ways as I see it, either a smaller diameter wheel or raise the rim . It already has 3 in from top of wheel to top of hub.
Any ideas for the results desired? Best bang for the buck?
Thanks
C

CDK, welcome aboard! How much clearance do you need? Pictures would really help get some ideas coming in.

CDK said:
I guess not?
CDK, you've had 65 looks. It's not like we don't care. If the other 64 are like me, short and use a tiller motor, I just really have no clue how to fix that problem. Sorry
I have no doubt someone else will chime in. This is a great, helpfull group.

You could put a suicide knob on the steering wheel, like what is used on fork lift steering wheels, then cut the rest of the steering wheel off. You would be left with the hub, a 6.5" "arm" and the suicide knob. Clearance would be less of a problem and you would have a unique and cool way to steer the boat.

FLatsFishin said:
You could put a suicide knob on the steering wheel, like what is used on fork lift steering wheels, then cut the rest of the steering wheel off. You would be left with the hub, a 6.5" "arm" and the suicide knob. Clearance would be less of a problem and you would have a unique and cool way to steer the boat.

Now that is interesting. Thanks. 8)

I don't know anything about consoles, but I think the suicide knob on a stick sounds dangerous and illegal. Smaller diameter wheel sounds easier to accomplish, but problems may occur if you have large hands.