1968 Starcraft Holiday

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hawgon

Reaction score
This is my StarCraft. I purchased it from a guy in Salem who was going to sell it for scrap. As you can see this is not a restoration but the building of my ultimate fishing machine. It was stripped and painted to match my truck. The floor structure was rebuilt and composite floors installed with composite seat boxes including new Tempress seats. I also added a Traxstech system, which I am very excited to use. It is in now getting a complete electrical system including a Garmin TR1. It is powered by a 85hp Johnson and a 8hp Yamaha 4-stroke kicker. I will followup with pictures after the electrical. I also took the original trailer and had a new axle put on with rims and tires as well as had the fenders powder-coated and attached with stainless hardware. The trailer has been completely rewired and led lights installed including a motorcycle license plate frame with brake light. We named her Sheeba in honor of my sister-in-law who we lost several years ago.
IMAG0542[2].jpg
IMAG0543[1].jpg
Boat_tear_down_3[1].jpg
image009[1].jpg
image003b[1].jpg
image003[1].jpg
2013-11-23 15.25.02[1].jpg
2013-11-23 15.30.37[1].jpg
2014-09-06 14.36.48[2].jpg
2014-09-06 14.36.56[1].jpg

I will also am having a taller windshield put in it as I am 6'4" tall and a new top this winter.

Nice boat.
What's the length? Who made the "Sheeba" name plates? I need 2 starcraft name plates for my 1968 14' starcraft Falcon.

It
lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Nice boat.
What's the length? Who made the "Sheeba" name plates? I need 2 starcraft name plates for my 1968 14' starcraft Falcon.[/quote

It is 18 foot and I sent a local metal fab shop with a water-jet machine a pic of an original logo and they adapted it to Sheeba. I then had them powder coated. I can get you a contact number if interested.

Hawgon said:
It
lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Nice boat.
What's the length? Who made the "Sheeba" name plates? I need 2 starcraft name plates for my 1968 14' starcraft Falcon.[/quote

It is 18 foot and I sent a local metal fab shop with a water-jet machine a pic of an original logo and they adapted it to Sheeba. I then had them powder coated. I can get you a contact number if interested.
I'll look for someone local.
Did you put any floatation foam under the floor?

lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Hawgon said:
It
lckstckn2smknbrls said:
Nice boat.

I'll look for someone local.
Did you put any floatation foam under the floor?

I did not add extra flotation only because the composite material has flotation properies and any foam material used like before becomes waterlogged eventually. The foam we removed weighed over 350 pounds.

The blue or pink foam insulation panels are a closed cell foam and don't absorb water like the original foam StarCraft used.

Latest posts