T-top

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seon

Reaction score
Anyone buy and install a T-top from ebay made in China?
Not looking for trashing China product, just from owner's 1st hand experience.

I've heard favorable reviews from people who have actually USED them. Every forum post about them is filled with anti-china bashing from people with zero experience with them. We're talking a few aluminum tubes welded together with no moving parts, and tons of quality stuff is welded/assembled in China.

Thanks for your reply.

I sent a message to one of the ebay seller with a proposal saying that I'll buy one from him and if it's flimsy and not acceptable then he'll pay the return freight and I won't post a negative feedback. But if it is as solid as described and is acceptable then I'll keep it and give him a positive feedback. He agreed so I bought one last night. ETA Tuesday Oct 21st and I'll have it mounted by the next day.

In the mean time, I've fabricated a crab davit and am currently mounting it on my 19' Bayrunner Baja. Crab season starts Nov 1st so the boat will be outfitted with davit and T-top by opening day.

410202749.jpg

I guess I'm the only one installing a t-top on a tin so thought I'd post a pic of the one I received today. I'll attach the canvas on later, after I extend the wiring and get the new control shift cables along with the hydraulic hoses for the steering.
Not as sturdy as the high dollars ones but it's 1/3rd the cost and is sturdy enough for my purpose and that's to keep the sun rays off me why fishing.
Also, you may noticed that I moved the console forward to get more deck space for the crab pots.

410237981.jpg

Normally I'd agree but I go under two low bridges where I fish can't use them on the T-top; however I do have four on the live well (pic taken before T-top install) and four more on the gunwale.

410188177.jpg

Any chance of posting a photo of the base attachment and some info on how you did it? I have a smaller/older ('82, 15'6") Bayrunner and thinking about a T-top.

Just an update on how the T-top weathered. I loaded 6 crab pots and headed to Bodega Bay for some Dungeness crabs and fish for Lingcods while the pots soaked. My buddy and I kept two limits of 20 crabs and released 15-20. We boated several Lings but kept two.
This ebay T-top worked out great without any issues while towing 300 miles roundtrip and 8 hrs in the Pacific ocean.

Happy New Year fellow members.

DSCN6494_zpse944bb4c.jpg

DSCN6497_zps8c25fbb2.jpg

DSCN6499_zps01e09de6.jpg

Latest posts