OceanGrip ?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chevyrulz

Reaction score
Hey Y'all ever heard of / used OceanGrip? It's kinda like SeaDek & HydroTurf, but seems more durable, lighter weight, and it's peel/stick by default. I'm looking into this for my new toy...

hmm, whole lotta nothin'

o well, i'll post a build topic & prolly give this oceangrip a shot

Looks almost the same as Seadek. I just finished my template to send off to Seadek. I am nervous to see how much it will cost to have it made for my boat. [-o<

I have Seadek on my boat (1656 CCJ link in signature) and I love it. I have the 6mm (2-ply) with a brushed finish (finish they use on their faux teak).

SquiggyFreud, make sure you are sitting down when you read the quote from Seadek.

RiverBottomOutdoors said:
I have Seadek on my boat (1656 CCJ link in signature) and I love it. I have the 6mm (2-ply) with a brushed finish (finish they use on their faux teak).

SquiggyFreud, make sure you are sitting down when you read the quote from Seadek.

I have seen others spending 15-1600 on mid sizes glass boats, but they were also doing bolsters and gunnels. If it is 1k or less I would be happy.

Mine was about 1100. You can see the quote with the drawing from SeaDek in my thread.

Reading it now, looks great. looks like you may have more deck to cover that I do.

I did not put any measurements on my template...should I?

SquiggyFreud said:
Mine was about 1100. You can see the quote with the drawing from SeaDek in my thread.

Reading it now, looks great. looks like you may have more deck to cover that I do.

No measurements needed. They will digitize your template exactly like you have it drawn. They will correct lines that aren't perfectly straight or circles and shapes that are obviously not geometrical correct. For parts that are mirror images of each other I made sure to note that on the template. That way I only had to draw the part once and they could just flip the template over to get the mirror.

I haven't finished with my Seadek. I have a few more pieces that I would like to add. Hope to have the spare coin to get that done in the Spring.

This is a very good video to watch. Walks through the template process, how they make it, tips on installing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvwSwOiLXRA

SquiggyFreud said:

No measurements needed. They will digitize your template exactly like you have it drawn. They will correct lines that aren't perfectly straight or circles and shapes that are obviously not geometrical correct. For parts that are mirror images of each other I made sure to note that on the template. That way I only had to draw the part once and they could just flip the template over to get the mirror.

I haven't finished with my Seadek. I have a few more pieces that I would like to add. Hope to have the spare coin to get that done in the Spring.

This is a very good video to watch. Walks through the template process, how they make it, tips on installing it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tvwSwOiLXRA

how long did it take for them to make yours?

I want to say a 3 weeks or so. They create the template and send it to you to proof so that added a little time. I tweaked somethings on mine.

Just received my first quote...2450 dollars, holy poo! :cry:

My boat is a alumacraft 1650, very similar to yours in size . I asked for a quote on both 6MM and 13MM for the floor of my boat but only received the quote for 13mm.

I responded asking for 6mm throughout the boat and will see what they quote me on that.

Looks like I will be sticking with the old sand in the paint routine....

SquiggyFreud said:
I want to say a 3 weeks or so. They create the template and send it to you to proof so that added a little time. I tweaked somethings on mine.

My boat is a alumacraft 1650, very similar to yours in size . I asked for a quote on both 6MM and 13MM for the floor of my boat but only received the quote for 13mm.

I responded asking for 6mm throughout the boat and will see what they quote me on that.

I think the 13mm is really just for a helm pad. Help the salties on those long steams in the seas; it's like an anti-fatigue mat. I wouldn't recommend doing the whole floor in that. 6mm is plenty for cushion.

Paint-on non-skids don't compare to the EVA foam products. If you just want grip the non-skids are great. If you want comfort and grip Seakdek, Hydroturf, or this Oceangrip products are the way to go. Also helps quite the boat down. Hell, I even sleep on my Seakdek. Try laying your face on that non-skid stuff.

SquiggyFreud said:

I think the 13mm is really just for a helm pad. Help the salties on those long steams in the seas; it's like an anti-fatigue mat. I wouldn't recommend doing the whole floor in that. 6mm is plenty for cushion.

Paint-on non-skids don't compare to the EVA foam products. If you just want grip the non-skids are great. If you want comfort and grip Seakdek, Hydroturf, or this Oceangrip products are the way to go. Also helps quite the boat down. Hell, I even sleep on my Seakdek. Try laying your face on that non-skid stuff.

I would have liked 13mm on the floor (not front and rear deck)for when passengers sit on it... but that is way too much.

I did get a second quote for all 6mm, $1450. Still a lot of cash. I will have to meditate and pray about it.

Told you to be sitting down when you read the quote! Haha! If you have the pdf with the drawing for your quote, you should post it on here so that we can take a look at it.

i just did my floor using some gym floor / play room material off ebay for $20, instead of coughing up 7x that for seadek...

it's nearly identical to seadek / oceangrip, with 3 exceptions:

1)it doesn't have glue on the back (ez fix)
2)it has puzzle piece seams (kinda not as ez to change lol)
3)it's slightly thicker at 3/8" thick (more comfy on my feet!)

blood washes right off, the seams connect nice & tight. i might glue it down, but for now, i just put my fishing rods, tackle box, & cast net on it when I'm trailering & it stays put just fine up to 55hp so far.

if you search ebay for "tan eva floor" it should pop right up, it comes in other colors.

image.jpg

image.jpg

floor.jpg

floor1.jpg

floor2.jpg

Latest posts