Rod Box Dimensions

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Onytay

Reaction score
Hey guys long time lurker. I finally got my first boat a new Alumacraft MV 1648. I am currently planning my build and trying to come up with my layout. My #1 priority is a rod storage box. I intend on making it 8 ft long but having not had a boat before I am unsure of how wide top and bottom and bow deep to make it. Can someone give me an idea on what to shoot for?

Its open in the middle and I plan to run the box on the left side. I am just unsure if I should make it as deep as I can or if that would be overkill. Looking to store 6 to 8 rods in it during transport . while fishing I'll probably keep the rods I'm using topside.

Any ideas from expieriance? The rest of the layout will be built around the rod box so the only limitation is the size of the hull.

Thanks!

Mine is about 7 inches wide and deep, it is a factory unit. Can store 6 rods and reels in there, maybe more. I would not make it real deep because then stuff is sitting on top of stuff, could cause damage. Also hard to find stuff in a deep box, the bottomless pit syndrome.
Tim

Thanks for the info.

I was thinking of going with 12 inches deep and 12 wide but was afraid that wouldn't be enough. Don't want to wish later on that it wasn't big enough. I was thinking that to deep would be an issue.

Latest posts