need paint help

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

badluck

Reaction score
i have a 2002 seaark 1652 PLD, i think it used to be OD green, looks kinda grey now. how much trouble is it going to be to paint this? :?

Aircraft paint stripper will get it all off, just make sure to use it outside. If your looking to paint it green again this stuff takes all of the work out of surace prep, rolls and tips smooth no primer needed. It also has to applied in a well ventilated area.

https://www.bottompaintstore.com/duralux-aluminum-boat-paint-green-gallon-p-10802.html

If the original paint is not flaking off all you need to do is scuff it up and spray a self etching primer on the bare aluminum areas then prime and paint. Rustoleum is a popular choice as long as you not keeping your boat tied up to the dock all season.

Agree with lck! Been doing body work for almost 10 years and I've painted everything from restorations to lawn furniture and I've done a tinny of my own. Scuff and feather out chips with 320 seal it and paint it. My ole 1232 has been painted for about 4 years and I beached it and banged it off stuff. I used urethane paint out of my body shop and clear coat don't like the beating but it's a boat not a show car lol

yup. I built a rear hatch cover for my boat out of an old diamond plate tailgate protector, all I did was scuff with steel wool, prime with regular rustoleum primer and OD green paint. it has held up better than the crap paint that tracker used on my boat.

Latest posts