Bass tracker?

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hghlndr

Reaction score
I just picked up a 1981 bass tracker. I have never seen one like it. It is a 15 ft stick steer. I'm not positive that it original, but it seems to be. Has anyone seen one like it? I plan on cleaning it up and getting everything working properly. It should be a great boat for me and my 10 yr old son.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 657
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 657
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    112.1 KB · Views: 657
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 657
That particular model is called a stick steer crappie pro, it's original, they still offer that version just updated with different style bases for the seats (I think I like your seat bases better than the newer ones) and other changes. Go to trackermarine.com and you can find it as the Panfish 16, can google it for other images of earlier models. I've never had a stick steer, but like the idea. A lot of older guys like 'em as you can do everything from the front seat, and never get up with everything (controls, trolling motor) right there and then you can set it up to fish from the front seat as well.

I've read that they ride rough in choppy water as the driver is "upfront", but they offer good visibility while under way, and should be a good boat for you and your son. Enjoy. Check and make sure any soft spots in the wooden floor are solid, if not, should be a fairly easy fix as most trackers with carpet have wood flooring that comes out in sections by removing self tapping screws.

Again, enjoy

The floors have already been redone. I may redo them again. They were put down with standard screws that have now rusted. I have to do a little welding on the nose. The motor needs some work. Carbs need rebuilt and I'll put in a new water pump since it has set for a few years. I'll take this winter to redo it.

My buddy had one for awhile. Probably his was a newer version, with what looked like boxes for seat bases. They seem to be pretty good boats, and TNtroller pretty well outlined what to expect.
Enjoy the new ride!

Latest posts