Steering Cable Question PLEASE HELP!!

TinBoats.net

Help Support TinBoats.net:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PerryVelton

Reaction score
I bent the steering rod to my rotary steering system on my 1988 Bass Tracker TX. i took the steering cable out (yes a used a rope so i could pull the new one back through) to get the model and serial off of it. it has MORSE E304411 144in 4208 stamped on to the cable. After I done some research on the internet, i have found no such thing as that model BUT i have found reminisce of a MORSE E304411 156in steering cable.

so my question is will this cable work or is there a different cable i can go with?

OR how do i measure the steering cable correctly to order a different brand?

I don't have a lot of experience with remote setups but I have noticed in my limited time of messing with the stuff that there are numerous places to find info on how to measure for a new cable. Try google or your fav search engine and I'm sure you'll find quite a bit of info.

[youtube]BsHvms0XLic[/youtube]

keelme said:
its really hard to find morse cables have to get a kit and change to another brand :(
+1
Replacing the whole steering system.

so i cant find another rotary cable thats the same length and just replace it with it? before i bent the steering rod i could barely apply any pressure on the steering wheel and it would turn so smoothly.

Latest posts